Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summertime begins...





So summer has officially begun!
*
Working in the schools has such an advantage... it is not easy work, but the reward of having summer is well worth the work during the school year!
*
Our summer began with a church picnic at the Gordon Ranch... it was only like 113*F outside... but we had fun anyway! Grammy, Grandma, Pawpaw and TJ all joined us for the fun!
*
We started with lunch... of course... and then to the petting zoo!
*
We were a little bit surprised that God made two animals that were so similar but different animals all together... let me explain... my momma has a dog that is sort of like 'Marley'... he has been sort of ornery since his arrival... he greets you with his nose in your backside, he jumps on the counter to eat a whole loaf of bread in the plastic wrapper... ECT... At this petting zoo, we found the pushiest, most excited, VERY HUNGRY goat.
*
We nicknamed him Max... he would butt the others out of the way to get to the little cup of goat food that we were carrying... He tried to eat my shorts, and he DID eat Grammy's shirt... what a pain... WHAT A CUTIE!!! I have to admit that he was so cute, even in his devilish ways!!
*




Momma and Grandma were most excited to see a pony ride!
*
There was a lot of talk about whether or not Gracelee was old enough or big enough to ride, but I was insistent that we at least try! I figure it is something to look back at and smile... whether she cried or not... sort of like pictures with Santa...
*
She did not cry... quite to the contrary... SHE LOVED IT! We had a blast... as you can see!






This summer has a lot on the books, but I am going to try and enjoy this time I have with her! We are in the process of switching her to a big girl room... which is fun and expensive...
*
I want summertime to be remembered as "The time I got to spend with family, learning, loving, and having a GREAT time!"
*
You know...........................
*
The way I remember it!


0 comments: