Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I will SURVIVE!!! and We did! Whew!

Well... we survived Ike! What a scary ordeal!!! Friday night was fine until the electricity went out at about 2am. Then I couldn't go back to sleep, listening to the howling and whistling with the pouring rain and hail. My phone was the only source of connection to the world, and if you don't have any, you need to invest in some LED touch lights! Poor Lady couldn't see without any lights, and would cry until we turned some on so that she could see to jump up onto the bed with us. Poor little thing was so scared! 
Once the morning light.... or sort of morning light, came through the slits in the boarded up windows, I was able to assess the damage. The lights remained off all day, and luckily, Brian and Keila had power and we could put our stuff in their refrigerator and freezer. 
Once the lights came back on, I felt like everything had to be cleaned. We cranked the AC down, and slept really good, until about 6:30am. Then the electricity went out YET AGAIN!!!! UGHHHH!!!! Every time it went out, I felt like crying! Every time it would come back on, I felt like crying!
There are so many things that we take for granted in this glorious life we live! My poor dad is still without power and yesterday his water and sewage went out... and it was his birthday. Poor guy! Please continue to pray for those without!!! Justin drove down to the area where his sales territory is and just couldn't believe his eyes at all the damage! In fact I feel a little funny posting the pictures of our damage, but here they are! Thank you to everyone who was thinking about us! Our phones are a little tricky still, so we will be in touch as we can!
*
*
*

Tree limb broken
Garden flowers held on, but were tilted!
Jalepeno plant, basil, bell pepper plant down!! (All reset by the way)
Hibiscus down... had to re stake and trim back, but its better!
*
*
*
*
*
*
Lady before the blustery winds.....
*
*
*
And after the winds! J/K! She got a mommy trim since she needed one and the store was closed! She looks cute, but I am not good around her little face!
School is out until Monday.... hopefully there is not too much damage! It will be really hard to get back in the swing of things, but at least we have another break next Friday for Fort Bend County Fair Day! Gotta love a school schedule! Love to everyone and I hope you are warm, safe, and thanking God for every blessing you have! You never realize what you have until its gone!
Oh and Dr. appointment TODAY!!!!! YAY!!!!




1 comments:

Alex & Tonya said...

Glad you made it out ok. We are still waiting for power, but other than that were ok too.

Good luck at the doctor. Hope to see you soon.