We had our doctor's appointment yesterday, and it was the first time we heard the little heart beat!!! It was so wonderful and beautiful, and the look on my precious husband's face was amazing!!
*
Here is a question: who believes in the wives' tale and who doesn't?
*
Yes. There is a wives' tale that says a fetal heartbeat below or equal to 140 bpm it's a boy ("slow boy") and any fetal heartbeat 141 and above is a girl. It is a funny concept!!!
*
Justin and I have our own gender predictors in our mommas! It is really special to us to have people so interested in our little "peanut!"
My momma says G-I-R-L!!! and Justin's momma says B- O- Y!!!
*
Right now, Justin and I have no special request except for a healthy baby, but it is fun to participate, even though we know God has already decided and is probably enjoying the fact that we are trying, in our human minds, to figure it out! = )
Well, based on the research I could do this morning, since I cannot return to work until Monday due to Ike, shows that fetal heartbeat may or may not be able to predict the gender.
*
Hmmmmmmm...... vague enough for you??????
Anyway! The range of fetal heart rates is 120- 160 or 170 bpm.
*
Ours: 153 bpm
*
Verdict: We won't really know until 8 more weeks if we hold a precious baby girl or sweet baby boy in our arms, and that's if peanut plays nicely and let's us see.
BUT.... if you are playing along...... the going prediction thus far is.........
*
*
*
*
GIRL!

0 comments:
Post a Comment