Friday, September 19, 2008

I guess the doctor is RIGHT!!!

Well, I guess my April due date assessment is wrong! We had another doctor's appointment today, and this was the scary ultra scan. Only scary in that it is 85% accurate in detecting birth defects and heart defects, but we came out with a clean bill of health! As far as we know, this baby is perfectly healthy, and right on track! Thank the Good Lord! 
*
We are officially 13 weeks and 2 days, and the measurements come out to 12.5 cm in length (that is about 4 inches for you American visuals like me!! = ) ) We are sincerely blessed, and even though the wait at the doctors office was insanely long (3 1/2 hours), it was well worth it to see this precious baby!! 
*
We do have quite the drama queen or king on our hands though! The baby was jumping around and turning every which way, and then it would suck its thumb, put a hand in the air like John Travolta, and then it was the back of the hand to the forehead as if to say, "Oh, this world is too much!" I guess it does have to have some drama being kin to me! The dance moves come from its daddy!! 
*
All in all, it was a precious moment, and great to hear that everything was tiptop! We await some blood tests, but I have all the faith in the world that those, too, will be great! I leave you with our "little peanut," which now actually looks like a tiny baby!!!! Yay!!!!!!!! Love ya'll!
*
Picture one, lying flat on its back, right hand in the air, and a little bubble nose. Oh I just can't wait to kiss, kiss, kiss that baby!
Picture 2, an arch in the back shows the little jumper in action! Hand still in the air, and a pudgy little belly!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sweet Baby!

Meet The Sbrusch Family said...

First, I LOVE the new blog look! Second, I love reading about your baby updates! Keep up the good work...I mean, no one should underestimate the intimate connection between mommy and unborn child...you are doing great! Lots of love and MANY prayers! ... we should definitely get Amanda and Scott and go grab a good dinner in SL soon!!

The Jasters said...

I love your blog! I loved reading about how excited you and Justin are to become parents. It truly is an amazing blessing!
P.S. I'm glad you have the ticker at the bottom because I tend to forgot how many weeks I am!:o) Maybe I should add one of my own:o)

The Olson's said...

MY PEANUT IS GETTING TOO BIG!!! Jk. I'm so ready for him/her to be here I can hardly stand it. Love the new blog. You baby is so cute, even in black and white. :)