Today was the day!
*
We did it... not that it is difficult to read 20 books to this child, as it is something she likes to do and would do ALL day if we let her!
*
20 books down and we got a summer reading trophy and her name on the wall in the Children's section of the George Memorial Library!
*
I really think she enjoys this, and I hope that she continues to like going every summer! I have very fond memories of reading, particular books that the pages are taped up because they were turned so many times that they began to fray... I remember getting lost in them... becoming someone else... enjoying the adventure, or the mystery, or the love story... I still like to read... but my favorite moments are when my daughter brings me 6 books in a row, turns around, and plops down in my lap to her a story for the umpteenth time.
*

(I have to admit that I am sort of enjoying exactly how proud of this trophy she is... not that I am competitive or anything!)
= )



*
She really is very special to me... as I am sure all children are to their parents... when she looks at me and smiles because she is having fun, I want to melt right through the floor... I cannot help myself! I want to devour her! I want to kiss her a million times and then another because that wasn't enough!
*
She and her daddy are my "all" to life right now... there is just nothing better than time with the ones you love!
*
Gracelee,
I want you to know how proud I am of you! I know I say it alot, but, baby, you are truly amazing! The way that you want to learn and read and grow is so inspiring! You, in your little tiny body and in your own teeny- tiny way, you make me want to be better, to live life better, to be the best person I can possibly be! You are a light... you are my sunshine... you are my pride and joy... you are the answer to many prayers... you my darling daughter, are a BLESSING!!!! I love you! Keep up the good work!
*
Love,
Momma

0 comments:
Post a Comment