HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!!!
(Notice... no teeth in the pumpkin because no teeth in the child... so precious!)

The Carving of the Pumpkin
*
Daddy doing the "yucky" part

Carving with mommy

Going into the SECOND Home Depot of the day... which we are boycotting!

My little "Gracelee" Lou Who Complete with antennae

Dinner at
BJ's Brewery was excellent! If you haven't had their fish tacos, you are really missing out!
*
Awwww!!

She loves her Pawpaw!

Aunt Keke joined us for some good food!

And then it was back to the casa to pass out candy and see Grammy

Grandma and Pawpaw head back to help pass out candy too... and....

this stranger too... ah to be 13 again... Can anyone guess his costume??? It is genius... I will give you 2 clues
*
Justin Timberlake and Saturday night Live...
You Tube it and check it out if you don't know... just make sure there are no little ones as it is PG-13...

And to finish the night... "Gracelee" Lou Who was completed with a sparkle Santa hat from Grandma... Thanks momma! It is too cute!!!

Dear Gracelee,
Your first halloween was so fun! You and Mommy traveled through the town getting stuff to decorate the house differently so that you couldn't pull the cords to the lamps or get into the fireplace... both very dangerous!!!! Daddy wasn't feeling well because he ate something yucky, but he managed to pull himself together to make it out with us for a little while. Next year we will go to
Dewberry Farm and let you see the petting zoo and the big slide!!! Won't that be fun!
*
Gracelee, some people may tell you that Halloween is a devilish holiday, but you can do so much to make it just the opposite. For example, while carving the pumpkin there is a prayer that we say:
Pumpkin Prayer"
{cut off top of pumpkin}
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.
{remove innards}
Remove the things in my life that don’t please you.
Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.
{cut open eyes}
Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me.
{cut out nose}
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the good food you provide.
{cut out mouth}
Let everything I say please You.
{light the candle}
Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. Amen
By: Liz Curtis Higgs
This makes the holiday nice and friendly. My point, I guess, is to try and see the good in every situation. Some people are so negative, but I really feel that Jesus can see that we try to turn any situation a different way to glorify Him. When you can understand what we are doing... we will pass out glow sticks with "Jesus is the Light" written on them. That way, maybe we can spread the word to someone who uses Halloween for rotten things.
*
I love you so much baby girl! We had so much fun carving the pumpkin, taking you around in your kitty ears, and then dressing you up as Cindi... I mean... "Gracelee Lou Who!" Those will even be good pictures come Christmas!
Love, Momma
*
Until the next time, Happy Halloween from our family to yours! May you use the day for good family fun!
Halloween 2009
Love,
The Sutherlands
1 comments:
Gracelee is so beautiful! I think it is wonderful that you are teaching her the pumpkin prayer, what an amazing Mommy you are!
Post a Comment