Monday, April 14, 2008

How Great is Our God!


"I don't know where we got the concept that nothing "bad" ever happens to "good" people. The floods, the fires, the storms fall on the righteous and unrighteous alike. God is not a vending machine. You don't get sick, out in a prayer and are immediately healed. If that were true, the world would become believers just for the "magical" cures they would receive, not for the love of Jesus Christ."

- excerpt from the foreword of How Great is Our God by Steve Moore and David T. Clydesdale

Every year, and sometimes 2 or 3 times a year, our church choir puts on a cantata. This is a musical sermon. Most of them are powerful messages that we do around Easter or Christmas. This year was special and unique in that we did a cantata just because. When you read the passage above, I wonder if you did the same thing I did when I first heard it? I nodded my head and half chuckled, thinking, "I think I have done that a time or two... I know I have had a problem and prayed to God to PLEASE come NOW and fix the problem right away!" And then you sit back and wait... and sometimes you wait and wait...

It is hard to imagine that even as believers, we still think God is going to jump and fix the so- called problems the way we want Him to.... and its hard to imagine that He may not do anything that we had in mind! What a concept!! I know for me, it is hard to give my life to God... I can't imagine that someone else has a better vision for my life than I do... I struggle daily. Then I sit back and think... WHAT THE HELL AM I COMPLAINING ABOUT???
God has provided me everything I need... He fulfills His promise every day... He NEVER says that it will come easy or that I will never go through trials or tribulations... He promises if we love him it does NOT matter WHO WE ARE, but only what HE does, and it is through Christ Jesus that we are saved... no matter what... it brings tears to my eyes to think of all the sin I have committed, and I am loved just the same... How truly GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!

The Choir
This cantata was even more special to me because Lessie...
Jimmy...
And I got to sing together, and pretty much stand next to each other!!!
And here is a little bit of the song that Hadley and I sang... The song is called "Who Am I," and Casting Crowns does a great version for those of you who want to download it! I put this on here for my husband... I guess its pay back for the entry of him singing... oh well!




1 comments:

The Olson's said...

well, i was there when you sang this the first time, but it gave me chills again!! you sounded sooooo good tiffany!