My sweet cousin Michael got married this past weekend to one of the dearest women I have ever known. Kristin and Michael were meant for each other, and I was so blessed to be able to attend this blessed event in Maryland, which, by the way, is absolutely gorgeous, and worth a trip EVER fall!!! Here are pictures of the wedding.... I love weddings!!!
Michael waiting anxiously...

And when he sees his beautiful bride walking graciously down the aisle to meet him and become his wife.... just a wonderful moment that brings tears to my eyes!!!

And then he kissed her with true love's kiss!!!!

And, "WE DID IT!!"

This beautiful cake was handmade by Kristin's aunt.... yes, that is right people, and she is not a professional, but she absolutely should be!!!!! On the flat part of the cake there were floral etchings and the detail everywhere was absolutely incredible! Plus, it tasted delicious!!

Casey gave the best toast in the world! It is so great to be so close to my family! These boys are like brothers to me, and to see the love and respect they have for each other is beautiful!!! Case talked about P-R-I-D-E: and I believe if I remember correctly, and forgive me because I won't do it justice, it meant
P: persistence- sticking together through thick and thin
R: Religion- keeping God in the picture and you can't go wrong
I- Intelligence- keeping it real and keeping each other in the "know"
D: Dedication- through the good times and the "bad" or smelly LoL!!
E: eventful- keeping the relationship alive
Anyway, it really was thought provoking and moving, and the perfect thing to say to a newlywed couple!!! Even if I didn't remember it perfectly, what I took away from it was that Casey was speaking to everyone in that room. I benefited from the toast, as I am sure everyone did! Thank you Casey because honestly, we need to be reminded of the way things should be from time to time!!!
And of course, we have Kristin joining the ranks in our family tradition of all the men singing "My Girl"

Ahhhh!!!!! Cake!!!!

Shake it, Auntie!!!

I think TJ got a little more than he bargained for when HE caught the garter!
Over all it was a beautiful weekend!! We had so much fun, and much love and blessings to the new Mr. and Mrs. Coon!!!!
I leave you with "My Girl" Family Rendition!
0 comments:
Post a Comment