Sunday, August 3, 2008

The start of the new room!

Well, the clean out of what was the "nursery", which was actually our storage room, has begun! It is amazing how much stuff of no importance you can collect in a year! That's right folks! One year ago on August 1st we moved into this house, which is now our HOME!!! It has been quite a year with job changes, new friends, lots o' get- togethers, and now a baby! Amazing!

This is the softest monkey blanket in the world 
From Aunt Amanda... Thank you so much!
We are blessed with a wonderful family!
This is the start of an idea I had because I want to protect our little one from the outlets, but those white plugs can be a little unsightly! So I found these wooden cut outs at Hobby Lobby, and the result is...
Something a little cuter and a little more decorative! So much fun!!! I will probably try to find a different color of outlet cover... something other than stark white so its not so contrasting! But I think it is super cute!

2 comments:

Alex & Tonya said...

That is such a great idea and one I will definately be stealing when the time comes. Looks great. Can't wait to meet baby Sutherland. :)

the tichenor family said...

love the monkey theme... carson's 1st birthday party is MONKEYS! hope you're feeling well. cute idea on the outlet cover.